Wednesday 2 April 2014

Would You Make The Same Mixtapes?

With the blog now called The Same Mixtapes, I want to get some mixtape action going on! We all made them in our youth. We still do now, if not physically, then as Spotify or iPod playlists. Another part of the romance of music lost to the digital. No longer are we tied to the rules we ourselves imposed. No more than one track by the same band! No longer are we restricted to the rules the format allowed. Ah, crap, that track pushes it to 46 minutes!

So lets celebrate the mixtape, lets celebrate the mix CD. Email me at bigcatmerv@googlemail.com if you've got a mix you'd like to share. Did you make it for yourself? Did an anonymous girl or boy make it for you? I don't need you to send your precious memories physically, but tell me the tracklist and send some photos of the sleeve, and I'll do my best to recreate it digitally via Spotify or YouTube, assuming the tracks are available. We'll share in each others embarrassments, delight in each others fab teenage taste. Once I've built up a few, it'll be a new regular feature at The Same Mixtapes. I look forward to hearing and sharing your teenage delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment